Friday, May 07, 2004

The unexplored Eastern India

Arunachal Pradesh is India's extremity on the Eastern side. It is an unexplored beautiful region at the foothils of the Himalayan and Shivalik mountain ranges. This area is where the maximum Buddhism in current day India can be found with monasteries all over the region including the Tawang monastery at Tawang.

I had the good fortune of visiting Arunachal earlier this year and have captured some of my moments on camera.



Itanagar is the capital of Arunachal and this is a view from the room window of Hotel Donyi Polo Ashok. I really had to scale the image down because of its actual size from my 6.3 Megapixel camera. Now back at Pune, I do miss the fresh air of Arunchal already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home