Friday, June 25, 2004

Searching Entries On My Weblog

Sometimes one has a need to go back and read ones own weblog entries. The standard blogger template that I have did not seem to have that functionality. After I encountered cl-ppcre, I knew I wanted to use it for something. So I hacked together a little program that searched for regular expressions in html files that are generated for this blog. If anyone would like to test it its here.

Mini Weblog Search Feature

It searches for Perl style regular expression matches on the html sources for the weblog. Try it out. I did have problems with the character sets. Thanks Thomas for helping me with that. It does have limitations. It reads the entire file into a string before doing the matching and searches for a single occurence of a match in the string. So the ^ and $ directives would be useless in most patterns here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home